Monday, February 21, 2011

First Blog Post

So, I started a blog in Swedish years ago but lost track of it in the midst of life being crazy :) I realized my friend Linda has had a blog for a while and she loves it so I figured - let's try this again. Might be a good thing and I might be able to get some useful wedding advice :)

I got engaged on my favorite holiday - Christmas Eve. In Sweden we celebrate Christmas on Dec 24th and so we do the same with my family here. We  cook all day then have a Smorgasbord of yummie foods. After dinner we put out dessert and candy. Once everyone is settled I start handing out gifts. One gift at a time and we all watch the person open their gift. With 11 people it sure takes a few hours but I absolutely LOVE it!

Anyhoo... so we get down to the last two gifts from my fiance and I just know that one of them is a perfume (D&G The One). I know because of the way he wrapped it hahahahah it wasn't the prettiest wrapping I've seen but then I'm not that great either! HA! So, then I get to the last gift and I have absolutely no idea what it might be. I start to open it and just get a feeling that it MIGHT be a ring... I get super nervous (in a good way) but don't want to have that look of disappointment on my face in case it's not a ring so I think to myself - it's earrings. it's earrings. it's earrings. lol

I slowly open the box and there it is... The most beautiful ring I could ever have imagined! I look at it and start to cry. I put the box on the table and put my hands in front of my mouth and just cry and cry. Then he takes the box, goes down on one knee and says; "Jessica, will you marry me?" I say "YES" while crying and crying and even my fiance looks teary eyed. Everyone else around me is crying as well. It was such a happy moment and I couldn't be more happy that he chose that moment to ask me.

Then we pop champagne and I'm shaking and we start calling family and friends to tell them and everyone is so excited for us! That was such a crazy and amazing night and I will never forget it and it will sure be a story to tell our future children

Ok, I've got to catch the last of the Bachelor so write more later!
:)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited and so happy Joey picked Christmas so we could all be a part of it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you started a blog :)

    ReplyDelete