Sunday, April 24, 2011

Can I make my own bouquet?

So, I've been thinking that I can make my own bouquet. I bought some accessories at Michaels and some flowers from Trader Joe's. Here's what I started with:

The knife I didn't need - went with scissors. There's purple ribbon, water proof tape, floral tape and some pins

These are the flowers I started with. I took off all the greens etc. so that there was just the stems and flower itself

Here's the final result. I know it's kind of crappy but it's my first time so be nice! hahha

More pictures of final results

The base

It was so difficult to not smush the flowers. I definitely need more practice

Need to keep the flowers in water as much as possible

I always think the pictures with flowers and engagement rings are so pretty that I decided to try it myself. LOL the lighting isn't great and it's taken with a camera phone but what ever.... hahaha

Joey and I decided to do "date-night" on Saturday night and we went to this bbq place that we haven't been at before. We used our Axxess card which gives us deals around town and at this place we got buy one get one free so here's what we got:

Joey's plate is up top with ribs, chicken, corn on the cob and greens. My plate is on the bottom with ribs, mac n cheese and corn on the cob. Note that I only ate 4 ribs before I was stuffed. We now have lots of left overs and Joey is very happy hahaha

Ok, I think Joey and I are about to sit down and watch Tron as we never saw it when it was out. I hope you all had a good Easter and I want to give a shout out to a good friend of mine - Susanne!!! It's her birthday today and I hope she had an amazing day. 

Xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment