Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weeding Coordinator/Makeup Artist

So, since Jamye and I went to the wedding faire I got some emails. Today I got one from Pure Joy catering saying that they will call us later this week to talk about what we want for our wedding. I think it's always best to get formal quotes from everyone and then just compare which one we like the best and also which one is the best financially.

Tonight I'm going to start looking around for more catering and see if i can get some quotes as well as look for wedding coordinators. I need someone who's not there all the time but just perhaps to pay them hourly? I have no idea what they normally charge. I've heard 10-15% of your total budget which is more that what I would like to spend on a wedding coordinator. Joey has an old co worker that started her own Wedding planning business and I think we're going to meet with her on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully she's reasonably priced. But - Joey would like her to come as a guest and I've made it clear that if she's going to be our coordinator - she will not be a guest the day of. I need the coordinator all day since they make sure everything goes as planned so I guess we have to ask her what she wants. Either plan the wedding or be a guest. There are some more pros and cons with her so we'll see what happens. Perhaps I'll see if I can get some quotes for that as well tonight.

Oh, and did you watch the Bachelor last night?! South Africa is beautiful and there was some drama. :)

Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment